CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

25.11.08

Literary Geniuses


I can't stand when I am telling someone how awesome a movie I watched was and they interrupt my excitement to tell me, "the book was better."


I know that, fool! That is why they probably decided to make it into a movie. You ever think of that?

As confessed on a previous post, I do not read fiction. Every person that knows me, knows it. So when I am talking about how awesome "Ready To (Puke!) Launch" was, I don't need someone illuminating it's missing qualities as compared to the book. 

Here is a novel way to share your exuberance, tell me about your amazing book before it is made into a movie. I halfway wanted to read Cormac McCarthy's, The Road because so many people loved the book and told me so, even before it became Oprah's big deal. Dicsovering he also had written No Country for Old Men, another movie I love, almost sent me running off to my local Barnes & Noble.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and I can just wait for the movie, to see how the world looks when it comes to an end.

So people, please! When I am simply trying to make a suggestion of how to spend a couple of hours on a cold winter's night, please don't throw out this old, tired cliche. 

I know you can read.
I know that you read.
Now, because of this post, you can read my mind. 
The world needs more readers, so spend more time here, with us, than up your own ass.

0 comments: