CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

17.11.08

Check Please!


There is a growing reluctance to "check" for anything.


If I need something at a store that I cannot find.
If someone just noticed that there keys are missing.
If I ask if I can get bumped up to first, or business, class while flying.
If I call for a reservation at a restaurant.

Nobody want to check for me anymore.

They all will, quite cheerfully, "DOUBLE-CHECK!"

What's with that?

I don't need anyone to double-check, that is until they have checked at least once.

Here is a sample conversation from a recent encounter:

me: Do you have anymore of the jelly bean flavored lube in the back?
they: I really don't know. Let me double-check that for you.

me: No, if you could just check for now, we can then decide if a double is necessary.
they: I just told you I was gonna double-check the back.

me: Okay, but if you could just regular check, that would be fine.
they: Get the hell out my store, and take your pretty words with you.

These are the things one must deal with while walking upright in a troglodytic world.

But I suffer onwards for the lot of you.

0 comments: