CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

6.1.09

A Penny for Your Thoughts

This is currently my biggest peeve:




Yes the ever-present "penny dish."

It's not that I have completely bought into the idea of getting rid of the penny like THESE people.

It's not that when I travel to foreign countries they figure in the tax with the price, so what you see on the ticket is what you pay at the counter, and not a penny (so sad, I couldn't resist though) more.

What bothers me is while we, the citezenry of this society, have given up on the penny, others have said no!

Just what do I mean, you say? I mean this:

We, the people, have decided that pennies are so meaningless, we routinely and thoughtlessly put them in a dish when we are given change at any number of grocery stores, coffee houses, gas stations, restaurants and the like. 

But while we have made the penny an afterthought, the reason the penny dish exists is because the person running that establishment has made the penny PRIMAL!!!

Why else would it be there? I'll wait while you think about this.

The penny dish communicates that store owners' edict that they will never let you walk out of their establishment without paying the COMPLETE bill, down to the last penny. 

Even if it's $1000.03. 

There's no, "forget about it." You had better hope the penny dish has something for you, or it's back to the car to dig between the seat cushions.

How I came to this realization, I will never know, but, man it pisses me off every time I see one of those things.

Stop feeding the beast, let's kill the penny dish off.

GET TO IT!

0 comments: