CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

27.11.08

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

I saw Slumdog Millionaire this morning.





Without seeing any other contender, Doubt included, I am certain it is the Best Movie of 2008. I really don't care if it wins an Oscar or Golden Globe. It would be nice if the Academy recognized this work of art, but if not, so what.

I can reveal nothing about the film, except my being aware very early on, perhaps four to five minutes in, that I was witnessing a masterpiece.

The movie's Director, Danny Boyle, has now managed, in six short years, to give us 28 Days Later, Millions and now, Slumdog Millionaire.

If someone wants to tell me another director with a resume of three more; original, engrossing and vastly different films since 2002, I await your call breathlessly.

There is no question now, he is among the creative geniuses of the genre. 

All that said, not even his direction matches the performances of the cast of Slumdog Millionaire. Almost every face will be fresh to Western audiences, but I found myself on several occasions thinking of how much more salary the Nicole Kidman's of the world command for much less-impactful work. 

As stated before, I will give you nothing of the plot. The less you know walking in, the more rewarding the experience. 

I was fortunate enough to share the experience with the love of my life. We both found it to be an unforgettable pleasure.

0 comments: